Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

Friday, July 19, 2013

Jamshedpur: A Twin Shade of Me

This is where I was born. What I am today has been shaped by this city where I have spent 22 of the most important years of my life: my growing years. Jamshedpur represents perhaps all shades of my personality. Be it vibrancy, cheerfulness, warmth, this city has everything in to make anybody fall in love at first sight. And yes, this is a particularly notorious characteristic of my personality as well!
The lush greenery which welcomes every citizen of Jamshedpur each morning ensures a pleasant day for him, just like the lustrous green leaves with tiny dewdrops. Mornings are serene with an assortment of bird chirpings waking the sleepy heads up. A major chunk of the city is found enjoying the fresh and healthy morning breeze, taking a walk in the picturesque Jubilee Park. Since this park was right next to my home, every morning of my growing up was spent here. The dew laced grass, the Mughal gardens, the children’s park, all have shaped my childhood. The morning breeze, believed to be an ailment for all, even cured me of my sinus as the everyday walk proved to be just the exercise my nose needed. This made me realize that constant effort in something always brings positive results and this took me a long way in achieving my goals.
Loyola School made me the man I am today. It educated me, taught me values and lessons of life, impressed upon me the importance of sports and music in life, and moulded my individuality. Respecting your teachers, being amicable with your friends, leadership, teamwork, communication, every character an ideal man could ever possess was asserted upon me by my school. Loyola has distinguished alumni of over 60 years and every time they have come back, they have affirmed the importance of Loyola School and Jamshedpur in their lives and careers.  My school has always been a prominent leaf in Jamshedpur’s book and it shaped the ideal man characteristic in me.
Food is something vital for man. When it becomes a source of enjoyment, the world seems a wonderful place to live in. Jamshedpur boasts of some of the best food joints in the nation. From street food to exquisite gourmet dishes, this city serves to every citizen who asks for more. Chicken kababs, Litti-chokha, dosas, the city caters to every tummy. It taught me the importance of having variety and a welcoming approach to people and situations. Jamshedpur can pride on having the greatest ethnicity in the country due to its borders with West Bengal, Orissa and Chattisgarh hours apart. Jamshedpur has been a home for all of us, and every citizen emotes a similar affection for this city. Love and compassion is another thing the city taught me.
The phenomenon that is TATA Steel has brought more dignity to Jamshedpur and to me than anything else, and my city has been the constant backbone the industry has always needed. Its people are the employees and workers, its land is where the company was set up. Above all, the city nurtured me to be a winner in life, taking a leaf out of the TATA group of industries’ book. Jamshedpur is me, I am Jamshedpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment